Made by Walaydir#2729
Inspired and designed from Funnywatch by Alomare#11266
A workshop script intending to replicate most of Overwatch’s April Fool’s changes, and also add some more funny changes. Is it balanced? Definitely not! But it's something to do instead of losing brain cells in competitive.
Make sure to leave suggestions or feedback in the comments! It's all heavily appreciated!
This document here includes a handy list of hero adjustments with a handy bookmark system to check out what your hero does on the go! (or just not do that and experience the surprise for yourself):
FUNNYWATCH 2 Hero Adjustments
Please contact my account if I have code I shamelessly stole from you that you wish would be removed.
I put this here if you don't want to go through the struggle of opening the Document, but there is no bookmark system here so you can't check out your hero's changes on the go.
Remember that this isn't supposed to be a serious attempt at balancing the game and creating a fair environment. It's just a collection of hero changes I either found in other modes or made myself that I thought would be neat in a singular gamemode. The only things I gave the heroes are buffs and nerfs are only to compensate for other buffs.
- Final blows will now grant a significant amount of ultimate charge.
Dev Comment: Being the raid bosses of the team, defeating the tanks should be fairly rewarding, right?
- Movement speed penalty removed.
- Ultimate cost reduced by 30%.
- Damage dealt increased from 200 to 1000.
- The self-destructing mech now deals up to 90 damage to enemies nearby.
Dev Comment: Opponents will often take glee in destroying D.va’s mech, disrespectfully neglecting pilot D.Va’s power. It will now be even more difficult to survive a mech being dropped on top of you.
- Character scale increased by 15%.
- Gracie now pulls enemies on the flight back.
- Grants a decaying speed boost over 1 second.
Revenge - New Passive
- Junker Queen takes 1% less damage for every 2% health lost.
Dev Comment: We thought Junker Queen wasn’t assuming her role well enough as a Roadhog/Reinhardt combination. These few buffs should give her more survivability and the ability to pull out enemies from behind a barrier.
- Moved to the Tank role.
- Character scale increased by 15%.
- Health increased from 250 to 300.
- Shields increased from 0 to 100.
- If Mei is on the ground, she can ice skate by freezing the ground below her.
- Size increased by 100%.
- Squashing enemies deals 150 damage.
- Now launches Mei up if built directly below her feet.
Dev Comment: Without her ultimate, a stand alone Mei feels much out of place. Her crowd-control abilities feel that of a tank, so hopefully shifting her to the tank role and giving her abilities a more team-separating potential could bring her abilities into play more forcefully.
- Forward run speed increased by 50%.
- Taking damage reduces Orisa’s other cooldowns.
- Upon activation, movement speed penalty is increased by 85% from 35%.
- Now propels Orisa upward until used.
- Now charges beyond 500%.
Dev Comment: Since she was released, Orisa has finally mastered her quadruped locomotion. This should also help with her new kit, even if it lacks the intentional flanking skills from before her rework. Orisa has also mastered the aerofoil dynamic, allowing her to achieve great height with Terra Surge.
Thunko, the Metal Man
- Projectile speed decreased by 30%.
- Cooldown reduced from 8 to 6.
- Bonus armour reduced to 75.
- Movement speed increase removed.
- Damage dealt by Ramattra is amplified through the barrier by 100%.
- Now leeches life from enemies.
Dev Comment: Ramattra’s idea of being a tempo-tank is now made clearer with these changes. These changes should enable Ramattra’s team to stay powerful at long range, and punish pushes with powerful short-range changes instead of pushing aggressively to use Nemesis Form.
- Wall impact damage increased from 200 to 400.
- Can now strafe while casting.
- A jump can be charged up while holding Space.
- Slowly magnets enemies toward Reinhardt.
- Holding crouch will speed Reinhardt up to extreme speeds.
- Now burns hit enemies for 3 seconds.
- Projectile speed increased by 50%.
- Now slams enemies too near the hammer into the ground.
Dev Comment: After the unfortunate incident with Balderich, Reinhardt has been more cautious, holding up the shield for his team. After being bored for years, we have added some more maneuverable and agile attachments to Rein’s Crusader armour to hopefully provide Reinhardt mains with a more fun time.
- Cooldown is reduced by 50% after successfully hooking an enemy.
- Successfully hooking an enemy will sling them toward Roadhog.
- Hitting a wall will grapple Roadhog toward it.
Take a Breather
- Gas can is now filled with hogdrogen and helium.
- Now launches Roadhog in the opposite direction while launching Primary Fire if he is not touching the ground.
Dev Comment: Roadhog’s power and strength are only to be questioned when pigs fly.
- Cooldown reduced to from 2 to 0.1 seconds when retracted.
- Can now push enemies while channeled.
- Cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 seconds.
Intergravity Aura - New Passive
- As Sigma’s ultimate charge increases his Gravity decreases and Projectile Speed increases.
- At 100% ultimate charge, Sigma will revert back to 100% projectile speed and lose Experimental Barrier but is no longer bound by Gravity.
Dev Comment: As it turns out, the Experimental Barrier is heavier than expected.
Tesla Cannon (Secondary Fire)
- Now deals bonus damage based on how fast Winston is going, applying recoil.
- Travel speed increased by 25%.
- Knocks down hit enemies for 0.5 seconds.
- Starts at 40% size and grows to 200% size over the duration.
- Damage per swing increased from 40 to 90.
- Knockback increased by 40%.
Dev Comment: Winston wasn’t living up to expectations as both a genetically modified space ape and sometimes becoming Loseton. We decided to feed him some extra peanut butter and refit the barrier projector with a balloon.
- Crab form is now always active.
- Damage dealt increased by 50%.
- Cooldown reduced from 5 to 2 seconds.
- Now knocks enemies down for 0.75 seconds.
- Cooldown reduced from 8 to 5 seconds.
- Vertical launch height increased.
- Hit enemies take 40 damage and are knocked down for 1 second upon landing.
Burrow - New Ability
- Activating Piledriver while it is inactive will trigger Burrow.
- Hammond Burrows into the ground for up to 5 seconds.
Dev Comment: We decided to oil the gears in Hammond’s mech legs. They should now reach a more acceptable pace. However, Hammond has forgotten which button controls the cannons, but has made up for this by giving Wrecking Ball some much needed Hamster technology.
- Can now melee at a rapid rate.
Particle Cannon (Primary Fire)
- Now lifts enemies upward.
- Now flickers on and off.
Particle Cannon (Secondary Fire)
- Self-knockback increased for Zarya herself.
Particle Barrier & Projected Barrier
- Barrier scale increased by 300%.
Dev Comment: A few modifications to Zarya’s cannon should help her in the long run. Inverting the gravity it fires and making it project bigger bubbles should put her in a healthy spot.
- Gain 80 decaying shields upon an ally dying, stacking up to once.
Dev Comment: With the addition of the Defence role, we felt like multiple teams were dying once their weak spots were exploited. To fix this, making defence heroes beefier upon a falling team seemed like a reasonable addition.
- Character scale reduced by 25%.
- Health reduced to 100.
- Regenerates up to 100 armour at full health.
- Now tracks his coordinates.
- Ammo capacity increased to 100.
Configuration: Sentry - New Ability
- Replaces Configuration: Assault
- Bastion stops moving but enables a rapid-fire weapon that deals high damage.
Configuration: Tank - New Ultimate
- Replaces Configuration: Artillery
- Bastion enables a cannon weapon that deals large damage in a huge radius for 6 seconds.
Dev Comment: Torbjörn’s involvement has removed the screws we used to tighten Bastion’s gun last-time, so we did the next best thing and gave him a 100-shot fashion magazine, some adaptive armour and- oh yes! We brought everyone’s favourite abilities back!
- Damage dealt reduced by 32%.
- Fully charged arrows and storm arrows become Sonic Arrows.
- Now shoots three Dragonstrikes instead of one.
- Now speeds up Lunge's cooldown.
Dev Comment: We thought it was a bit unrealistic that Hanzo’s Dragonstrike charges so slowly in the game, unlike the cinematic where he gets it without even hitting an arrow, so we decided to let him shoot three of them instead.
- Cooldown reduced by 50%.
- Cooldown resets upon trapping an enemy.
- Now stores up to 3 charges.
- Larger area of effect and deals more damage.
- A final blow will instantly respawn Junkrat.
Dev Comment: We decided to ramp up one of Junkrat’s most powerful skills in his arsenal, Total Mayhem. With a larger area of effect and damage it can potentially give the payback to more enemies, without Junkrat needing to suffer the consequences as severely.
Legs of America
- Now refunds 6 ammo per second while active.
- Accelerates over time.
- Now aims for headshots.
- Can use Tactical Visor at 76% ult charge.
Dev Comment: Giving Soldier: 76 some of those new boots should greatly improve his running speed, but it’s probably all those push-ups. Also, a few kicks on the visor made it scan more clearly too!
- Taking shield or overhealth damage now grants ultimate charge.
- Dealing damage will now add overhealth to Symmetra.
- All cooldowns reduced by 50%.
Dev Comment: At first we thought it would be viable to replace Symmetra’s primary fire with turrets, but then we decided to simply make Symmetra tankier, as we felt that she didn’t bunker up will enough in the current meta.
- Damage during overload increased by 200%.
- Heals allies by 55 health.
Wall Climb - New Passive
- Can now climb vertical surfaces.
- Is invisible while climbing walls.
Dev Comment: We decided to make Torbjörn’s playstyle more versatile. We have allowed the sneaky dwarf to finally climb walls to get into the enemy backlines unseen and wreak havoc with a newly built hammer.
- Health increased from 175 to 200.
Widow's Kiss (Primary Fire)
- Damage per pellet increased from 13 to 26.
- Movement speed penalty removed.
- Can now pierce through multiple enemies.
- Now deals up to 150 damage.
Dev Comment: To aid the no-skill bronze players such as myself, we have decided to increase Widowmaker’s medium range damage output, give her some more health, and some brawling potential.
- Heal 50 health on an elimination.
Dev Comment: It’s frustrating when you dive the backline by yourself and get no healing, especially when your team’s support heroes are busy respawning. This change should help keep you alive, at least.
- Movement speed penalty removed.
- Projectile damage increased from 6 to 15.
- No longer knocks back enemies.
- Enemies affected by the dynamite spread fire to their nearby allies.
- Ashe can rocket jump off Dynamite if she is affected by the explosion.
- Ashe heals for 50% of her damage dealt while on fire.
Dev Comment: Obliterating opponents with a point-blank shotgun, a faster scope, and a rocket jump should give Ashe just what she needs to pick off flankers, and take out enemy DPS from all distances.
Peacekeeper (Primary Fire)
- Headshots now refund one ammo.
- Dodge all damage while rolling.
- Cassidy now rolls double the distance.
- Now costs regenerating stamina instead of having a cooldown.
- Ammo reloaded decreased from 6 to 2.
- Explosion damage decreased from 65 to 25.
- Explosion now stuns for 0.8 seconds.
- No longer limited to 1 tumbleweed.
- Now triggers slow-motion for 2 seconds when triggered.
- How Western can this scene get?
Dev Comment: Bullets and tumbleweeds work strangely in the future. As do Cassidy’s definitely-canon time-manipulating powers.
- Moved to the Offence role.
- Health reduced from 450 to 250.
- Charging up Rocket Punch does not affect movement speed.
- Can now Punch Vertically.
Rising Uppercut - New Ability
- Replaces Power Block.
- Boost Doomfist and nearby enemies into the air, dealing 50 damage.
- Landing a final blow will trigger Meteor Shower, instantly reusing Meteor Strike.
Dev Comment: With the new Tankfist rework we are facing more and more unfortunate issues of Doomfist players touching the ground. After months of hard work we have decided to flip the table and get Overwatch 1 Doomfist back with a certain notable change.
- Now provides a speed boost upon ending.
- Enemies will now receive damage after Echo exits Duplication based on the damage they received while Echo was duplicated.
Adaptive Circuits - New Passive
- New Passive
- Echo will duplicate enemies she eliminates for up to 8 seconds with 100% ultimate generation that is shared between duplicates. Echo’s Duplicate ultimate is not affected by this.
Dev Comment: To provide a higher player base to Echo we have decided to integrate a little more of every hero into Echo, who now duplicates enemies upon earning an elimination.
- Genji is now allergic to the objective.
- Cooldown is now reset after eliminating a target.
- Deflected projectiles deal double damage.
- Now fires Dragon's Breath projectiles.
- Amount of jumps increased from 2 to 3.
- Now teleports behind an attacker on a finishing blow leaving Genji on 1 health.
Dev Comment: Genji Players can now show enemies how it’s actually done by destroying them with their own bullets, then basking in the blood of their enemies.
- Recovery time decreased from 0.848 to 0.53 seconds.
- Now refills 50% of Hover Jets fuel when used.
- Cooldown reduced by 30%.
- Knockback increased by 50%.
- Invulnerable during casting.
Dev Comment: Increasing Pharah’s mobility should make her a less prominent target for sleep darts, and Barrage should result on average at least one less player death.
- Now grants flight through its duration.
- Now disables collision with walls through its duration.
- Cast time reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
- Lifesteal removed.
- Defeated enemies drop orbs that heal Reaper for 50 health.
Dev Comment: Reaper now asserts his role as Death itself more thoroughly. Instead of being an edgy, raspy guy, Reaper can now fly and collect souls from fallen foes.
- Can use a second slide while the first is in progress.
- Immune to damage during sliding.
- Impacting an enemy will deal 80 damage and knock them down for 1 second.
Dev Comment: New state-of-the-art technologies allow Sojourn to harness carpet burn into powerful shields, allowing her to zoom straight through spawn campers.
- Max health reduced from 200 to 150.
- Hacked targets take 20% increased damage from all sources.
- Now hacks the target’s interface.
- Can now get out of stealth instantly.
- Stealth speed bonus increased from 65% to 100%.
- Can’t be damaged while in Stealth.
- Hacking and translocating will take Sombra out of Stealth.
- Upon teleporting, deal 120 damage to enemies near Sombra.
- Cast time reduced from 0.35 seconds to 0.25 seconds.
- Now hacks Athena.
Dev Comment: [REDACTED]
- Respawns 50% faster.
- Can now store up to 6 charges.
- Killing blows grant blink charges.
- Adds 3 blink charges upon use, stacking up to 6.
- Now pulls enemies toward its point of use.
Dev Comment: With a new Tracer-main powered chronal accelerator, Tracer can restore her blink charges upon recalling, charge up even more blinks, and recall all the way back to when she spawned in dire emergencies!
- Gain 30% increased movement speed upon reaching half health.
Dev Comment: It’s tough to stay alive when flankers are about. This change should even out the odds a bit when you get ambushed. Please don’t use this offensively.
- Scoped shots now pierce through both allies and enemies.
- Enemies in a 3.5m radius around the slept target are also slept.
- Boosting an ally will now also boost Ana, increasing her healing by 50% as well.
Dev Comment: In the new format, Support feels more lacking and we are receiving feedback that playing Support is negating the ‘fun’ area of the game. With these changes, Ana should be able to enjoy the fruits of her labour and be able to temporarily shut down a team. To also emphasize how uncomfortable it is to be healed by needles fired from a rifle, we have decided to make the game slightly more realistic.
- Projectile speed and gravity for all projectiles reduced.
- Healing allies will push them around.
- Healing dealt increased from 50 to 100.
- Now reduces incoming damage by 50%.
- Cooldown reduced from 25 to 15 seconds.
- Landing on top of an enemy will boost Baptiste back up, knocking the enemy down. Can be repeated.
Dev Comment: Baptiste can now help the team push more aggressively by knocking down enemies, protecting allies, and pushing them around to motivate them.
- Shield size increased by 30%.
- Covers double the distance.
- Now stuns for 1 second.
- Hitting an enemy resets the cooldown of Shield Bash.
Dev Comment: Since the last game, we’ve been receiving countless complaints about the removal of most crowd control. In response we’ve decided to throw everything into Brigitte to truly show off her shield.
- Travel distance increased from 35m to 105m.
- Cooldown scales based on distance travelled.
- Kiriko becomes invisible with increased mobility for the duration.
- Gain higher damage and projectile speed after leaping off a wall.
- Hold jump to glide after leaping off a wall.
Dev Comment: Kiriko wasn’t living up to her nature as a flanker, so we decided to give her temporary invisibility and some offensive boosts to assume her role as the DPS she was designed to be.
- Maximum targeting range increased from 30m to 60m.
- Projectile speed is reduced based on how charged the blossom is.
- Now heals allies in a radius of 7m around the target.
- Targeted healees are now unkillable for 1 second.
- Now stuns players in a radius of 4m around Lifeweaver.
- Maximum targeting range increased from 30m to 60m.
Tree of Life
- Health increased from 1000 to 360001.
- Now makes all players unkillable for its duration.
Dev Comment: Our expectations of the durability of metallic trees far exceeded a few bullets. We also decided to ‘boost’ Wifeleaver’s position in staying neutral to both teams, with both a boosted dash and tree!
- Speed Song increases Lúcio’s wallride speed by 25%.
- Healing Song self-heals Lúcio by an additional 30%.
- Knockback increased by 50% when using Amp It Up.
- Damage is increased based on movement speed.
- Can now knockback allies.
- Now deals 400 damage to enemies on impact.
Dev Comment: Lúcio wasn’t getting the recognition he deserves, serving only as a booster to the team, so we decided to give him a more aggressive position to motivate the team into pushing. Even with these changes, the community may get mad that Lúcios are ‘feeding’, so we are letting them also ‘incite’ their own team into pushing alongside them.
- Ammo capacity increased from 25 to 125.
- Projectile speed increased from 50 to 125.
- Grants 15 ultimate charge percent on a final blow.
- Dead allies will float toward Mercy while Resurrect is available.
- Cooldown refreshed when Valkyrie is activated.
- Now lasts indefinitely.
Dev Comment: Mercy mains have a lot of work to do in terms of keeping track of every player, and get complaints if they don’t heal enough. With a permanently enabled Valkyrie, Mercy is now able to heal every player on the team at the same time - unless they’re a Genji who jumps infront a Reinhardt.
- Primary fire doubles up as a flamethrower.
- Movement speed increased.
- Cooldown reduced by 1 for every 100 health restored to an ally.
Dev Comment: Shifting Moira to the DPS role she was definitely intended to be was very difficult, eventually leading to her putting a flamethrower in her hand.
- Can now levitate for up to 3 seconds by holding Jump.
- Allies affected by transcendence can levitate by holding Jump.
- Damage dealt increased from 45 to 90.
- Can now melee at a further range, putting Snap Kick on a 4 second cooldown.
Dev Comment: For all we know, Zenyatta’s power may be limitless. Let’s just hope that he isn’t just modest. Never underestimate the power of floating metal feet.
This post utilizes other codes either in part or in full. This could be because they remixed them, used parts of them, were inspired by them, or other reasons.