Project: OW Beta — An Overwatch Overhaul
This code is over 6 months old. The code may have expired and might no longer function.
Made by [Bnet tag: WetHarmonica#11357 — Discord tag: WetHarmonica#8673]
A Workshop script intending to overhaul many aspects of the game, with the intention of increasing the potential for Overwatch to be fun once more. Includes multiple hero and gameplay related changes, including Ledge Climbing, various physics overhauls, hero revamps, and more. The intentions of the changes include (in order of prioritization).
- Each and every hero ‘feels fun’ to play.
- Players will feel they have a lot of options in any given scenario, so that failure feels ‘fair’.
- The skill ceiling of each hero is increased to a greater degree, so players feel invested in continuing to master each hero.
- The game is balanced in such a way that the greatest diversity of strategies and hero compositions is effective.
- Movement options are increased to meet all of the goals listed above, as well as make fights more dynamic with more possibilities and potential interactions (less static, more ‘montage-worthy’).
- Heroes feel more representative of their characters, be it their playstyles are more true to their tropes, or their abilities are more representative of their lore.
- Heroes feel buffed or at least generally familiar to play, rather than nerfed. Nerfs are only made to compensate for buffs.
- The gamemode should at least provide some interesting ideas for potential changes that would fit into the main game of Overwatch, even if it’s not necessarily flawless.
See the Design Document here for a full list of currently incorporated changes and future designs for the project; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oyg9xPxzDLX2dtVfRDI8ALwZ8me73CiNfOHwGPK-zpI/edit?usp=sharing
Follow its development and submit feedback on the Elo Hell Workshop Discord! (Be sure to contact me if you'd like to help with media assets, such as video demonstrations or art such as banners.)