- This tool is designed to allow users to quickly cover maps in Overwatch with random points that can be used in gamemode development.
- In order to use the Map Grid tool, use the command "start rule" (recommended) or "call subroutine" in your code and call the subroutine "generateMapGrid" to begin creating points.
- Be sure to give the tool some time to run (the longer the better, but at least 10 seconds is recommended), such as during a setup period.
- The tool can be a bit intense on server load so try to run it during a time when few other scripts are running.
- Follow the comments in the tool to set a maximum number of points and conditions for when the tool will stop creating points.
- The points are stored in the global variable "mapGrid" to be used.
- Commands labled "TESTING ONLY" can be disabled at any time.
- Feel free to make any changes or customizations to this tool.
- If you are attempting to import this tool into an existing gamemode, be careful as the global variables used in the Map Grid tool may overwrite any in the existing gamemode.
- The Map Grid tool works on all maps listed in the settings here.
- All escort, hybrid, assault, and capture the flag maps.
- Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch versions of Ecopoint, Necropolis, Castillo, Black Forest, Chateau, Petra, Kanezaka, and Malevento.
- Any maps not listed here have either not been tested or have bugs.
Example Use Cases:
- The Map Grid tool has been used for the gamemode Zombie Survival Missions.
- It is used for randomly spawning objectives, objects, and entities around the map for players to interact with.
- If you have any further questions, you can leave a comment here on workshop.codes and I will try to get back to you when I can.