This code is over 6 months old. The code may have expired and might no longer function.
What is this code?
This is an aim practice gamemode, where upto 18 (by default, 6) bots of your choosing spawn and strafe somewhat realistically. The bots automatically respawn when you kill them. Your ammunition and cooldowns (except your ultimate) are normal. The bots do not use abilities or shoot back at you. Many streamers and professional players use this in queue to warm up their aim. Press I Need Healing to change your hero.
With that being said: this should only be used for warm-up. The bots do not behave like real people. Use deathmatch or grind comp instead if you want to actually get better at a hero outside of just raw aim fundamentals.
While this code does support multiplayer lobbies, the bots will look at the closest person to them, so the experience is not the best. I definitely recommend using this in singleplayer.
How is this different than the standard one?
This code adds the following things for convenience:
- Ability to fully configure which heroes are allowed to spawn, the number of bots (between 1 and 18), and how they move. (in Workshop Settings).
- Ammunition and cooldowns (except ultimates) are normal, so the practice is more realistic.
- You always have your ultimate ready.
- All damage players take is nullified, except insta-kill burst damage (like Pulse Bomb).
- Removed the big HUD at the top.
- Subtle code in the top-right so any viewers can see the code without having to bother you for it.
- By default, the more annoying heroes have been disabled (Pharah, Bastion, Reinhardt, Wrecking Ball, D.va). No need to switch to Cassidy every now and then just to pop Deadeye.
- Assuming Pharah is enabled, the Mercy AI will not heal her.
- For modders: I reorganised and switched the names of most of the useful workshop rules to self-explanatory English ones. No need to spend hours figuring out what each rule does.
This code allows you to tailor your own aim training experience via workshop setting configuration.
Amount of Bots to Spawn
Is 6 not enough?
Are the bots not crouching/jumping enough? Are they strafing too slow/too fast?
Want to practice on a specific hero pool?
1.0 - initial release. cleaned up most of the code, added hero pools.
1.01 - accidentally disabled orisa, enabled now.
1.1 - added the ability to configure how many bots spawn.
1.2 - added the ability to configure bot movement.
Pretty much the entire gamemode is made by sombra#51137 with some unknown adjustments by a person called Gao. I only added the adjustments listed above. For support with this code you can message me on Twitter.