PVE: Survive the night against fierce, invincible Weeping Echoes.
The Echoes have advanced AI and use their Flight and Beam to hunt players. They are frozen when looked at, but deal damage-over-time to all players looking at them. The longer the match lasts, the more spawn, and the faster they get.
OVERWATCH 2: Since the update King's Row can no longer be used (the whole map is offset downwards) and Christams Ecopoint has been disabled. Liijang and Ecopoint still work, Malevento is untested.
In Elim mode you just need to survive long enough for the control point to unlock, and then capture it.
This will require teamwork, and is off by default.
In TDM mode a series of capture points spawn across the map for the players to collect; each control point gives the team one point, healing the players and dispelling nearby Echo.
There are three ways of capturing a control point; each can be tweeked in settings:
1) Timer: a short timer; the max time is divided by the number of players in the game (you need at least half your team on the point to cap at full speed)
2) Collection: Pick up (with interact) and deliver orbs to the control point (number of orbs increases with players and score)
3) Escort: Zenyatta spawns near a player; escort him to the control point (he is blind and does not stop the Echoes; use Interact to make him follow you)
Currently Lijang, Ecopoint, King's Row, Eichenwalde, and Malevento maps are supported; I recommend using the winter modes where availabe.
Hero notes (doesn't include minor tweeks)
- Ashe - burning echoes will vanish to remove the effect (be warned: they don't go very far)
- Dva - always demeched but has half her healthpool replaced with Armor and starts with extra, unrecoverable armor each life (This is more balanced in Elim mode)
- Mccree - 50 of his health replaced with armor, flashbang disrupts echo
- Symmetra - sentries replaced with projector; provide up to 75 temporary barrier points to a player next to her (or herself is there isn't one)
- Widowmaker - Ability 1 activates her Ultimate for a reduced time - for the Duration she can freeze enemies through walls and takes no damage from eyesight