After the overwhelmingly positive reception to SVB's inaugural creator PUGs, SVB and Elo Hell Workshops have teamed up to tackle one of the most ambitious Workshop projects to date: a community-made Overwatch 2 patch! This project was created with the help of notable community figures, such as EeveeA and Bogur, working alongside over eight Workshop developers.
SVB's Creator PUGs v2 was made possible by the Elo Hell Workshops Discord. Join today at workshop.codes/discord.
Event organized by
In partnership with
Organization + Assembly
Overwatch SVB Patch Notes – June 10, 2021
The purpose of these changes are twofold. Firstly, we’re implementing all the changes that are known to us as coming in OW2 - such as role passives, tank changes and 5v5. On top of this, though, we’ve added a host of changes to as many heroes as we can since just changing tanks is not enough - the whole game will need to be rebalanced so to get a proper flavour of what OW2 will play like, we wanted to try our best to adapt the roster accordingly.
Secondly, a lot of the new abilities/changes were added with the purpose of being fun and wacky, the way OW’s core philosophy always wanted, while trying to keep them balanced. Bear in mind that this is our first round of testing so some things may well be wildly broken but that is the exact reason we’re testing them so that we can adjust accordingly and, hopefully, have some ideas that we can present to the devs to help them too.
- All respawn timers have been reduced to 80%. In most scenarios this will mean it has been reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds. Overtime respawn timers are also affected.
Role Passive: 30% knockback reduction and 25% less ult charge granted for damage by enemies
- Cancel charge by pressing the button again
- Allows for better steering while charging
- Cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds
- Fire Strike can now store up to 2 charges. Each charge takes 6 seconds to generate.
- 1200HP Shield
- Steadfast removed (as to not stack with the 30% knockback reduction given by the tank role passive)
We're also reducing the displacement power of Whole Hog, as well as increasing its cost, to avoid making tanking too frustrating.
- Take a Breather now creates a gas cloud which grants allies 10% damage reduction and heals allies for 20 health per second while they stand in it.
- Roadhog now slows down significantly while using Take a Breather.
- Gas cloud lingers for 2.5 seconds after Take a Breather ends.
- Ulimate cost increased by 25%
- Knockback reduced by 20%
Note: At the moment, the Workshop does not allow Zarya to use two ally bubbles at the same time - you have to wait for the first one to disappear before you can apply a second barrier.
- Damage dealt decreased from [75 - 170] to [66 - 150]
- Bubble has 2 charges that can be used on yourself or allies
- Reduced cooldown from 10/8 to 7 seconds
- Base health increased from 350 to 400 (overall health increased from 500 to 550)
- Winston can now hold down secondary fire to charge up a longer-range attack capable of hitting enemies up to 500 meters away.
- This attack takes 1 second to charge up to 50 damage, and may be held for an additional 1 second after reaching maximum charge.
- Firing this attack costs 25 ammo.
- Defense Matrix maximum duration increased from 2 to 4 seconds
Note: I wanted it to take one ally along potentially as well, but that was proving tricky in the Workshop.
- Increased projectile speed from 120m/s to 150m/s
- Reduced movement penalty when firing from 30% to 10%
- Replaced by new ability: Gallop. Charge up & release for a burst distance travel (similar to Doomfist punch). Will push enemies out of path. Deals 75 damage
- Supercharger drops with a 600hp shield in front of it
- Knock-up height scales with distance to epicentre
Role Passive: 15% movement speed increase for all heroes
- Knockback reduced (maximum 7m)
- No longer gains ult charge when B.O.B is active
- Primary fire total damage increased from [19.8 - 66] to [27 - 80]
- Rocket Punch can now carry Doomfist upwards. Note this does not allow Doomfist to punch downwards.
- Initial damage reduced from [50 - 100] to [10 - 50]
- Damage from impacting a wall reduced from [50 - 150] to [50 - 100]
- Outer ring damage falloff now starts at 250 damage (up from 200 damage)
- Outer ring damage falloff now ends at 20 damage (up from 15 damage)
- Now fires 5 instead of 6 bombs
- Cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds
Note: I wanted to reduce his recovery rate of fire a bit more but that’s not possible in the Workshop.
- Reduced ultimate generation by 5%
- Increased movement speed passive removed to match speed of all other DPS heroes
- Damage increased from 28 to 30
- Dragonblade no longer receives damage amp from Nanoboost
- Kills during Dragonblade also resets Deflect cooldown
- Reverse falloff damage (doing 50% of damage at point blank range, and 100% at 20m)
- Increased projectile speed by 15%
- Ammo reduced from 5 to 4
- Reduced cooldown from 10 to 7 seconds
- Health reduced from 225 to 200
- Fan the Hammer damage per bullet reduced from [25 - 50] to [15 - 35]
- Flashbang replaced by Lasso. Holds target in position for 1 second instead of stunning (works like Junkrat Trap)
This rework is inspired by Heroes of the Storm, giving her many similar abilities, but while still keeping her in the Damage role.
- Replaced with "Icing". Icing creates a straight, 20-meter-long path of ice that Mei and her teammates can jump on to quickly move forward
- Cryo-Freeze can be used in conjunction with Icing
- Replaced with "Avalanche". Avalanche turns Mei in to a giant rolling Snowball that picks up enemies she rolls over. After 3 seconds (or when reaching a wall) Avalanche explodes, knocking back and damaging (50) everyone caught in Avalanche. Avalanche also damages enemies caught in inside over time while rolling for 30 damage per second
- Duration reduced from 3 to 2 seconds
- Now slowly reloads ammo while sprinting (4 ammo per second)
- Hack is now a guaranteed-hit seeking single-target projectile
- Hack duration reduced 5 to 2 seconds
- Hack cooldown increased 8 to 10 seconds
Note: Due to Workshop limitations, this means the teleporter can’t be manually broken. We also wanted to do something with turrets but they are a nightmare to work with in the Workshop, apparently.
- Cooldown now starts when teleporter is placed
- Teleporter now lasts 8 seconds
- Can no longer be manually destroyed
- Replaced with "Light Clone". Light Clone creates a duplicate Symmetra who moves inversely to the real Symmetra and deals full damage.
- Increased movement speed passive removed to match speed of all other DPS heroes
- Is now a bolt-action rifle. Can only shoot one shot before needing to unscope. 1 second cooldown before she can scope again
Role Passive: Regenerates health at 10 HP/S after 2 seconds of not taking damage
- Regenerative burst self-healing nerfed: 15 per second (self), 75 overall
- Immortality has cast time of 1.5 seconds. Bap is immobile while casting
- Continuously wall riding charges Music Meter, which buffs some of Lúcio's other abilities
- Music Meter reaches maximum charge after 4 seconds of wallriding, and must have at least 1 second of charge to affect other abilities
- Music Meter drains at a rate of 10% per second while not wallriding
- Benefits from "Music Meter". Increases effectiveness by at least 5%, up to 20% at full meter
- Benefits from "Music Meter". Increases effectiveness by at least 10%, up to 25% at full meter
- Mercy now has ‘beam degeneration’. The more she heals a single target, the more her healing per second on that target drops.
- Max healing is 55 health per second, which drops to a minimum of 40 health per second over the course of 4 seconds of continuous healing. When the healing target is switched, this number starts to regenerate on the previous target
- Replaced by "Angelic Blessing": You can select an ally and send a soul to them. That soul then grants them the ability to, over the next 6 seconds have 1 single GA use. After 6 seconds the soul will fade away. 20 Second cooldown
- While charging Secondary Fire a small 50hp shield will appear in front of Zenyatta.