With the next season of Overwatch League being played in an early build of Overwatch 2, Overwatch League teams are looking to hold tryouts in an Overwatch 2-like environment. While some teams have chosen to simply reduce the lobby to 5v5, the Paris Eternal reached out to Elo Hell Workshops to update the SVB Overwatch 2 Workshop. Working closely with the Paris Eternal, Elo Hell Workshops developers have implemented several new changes to the original mode that you can see below!
The original project was created with the help of notable community figures, such as EeveeA and Bogur, working alongside over eight Workshop developers. Several of those developers returned to continue updating the project into what you see today!
NOTICE TO SCRIM LOBBIES
ScrimTime is no longer bundled with this import code. If you are running a scrim lobby, please use import code
CA6YD, which comes bundled with ScrimTime.
This edit of SVB's Overwatch 2 Patch, made on behalf of the Paris Eternal, was made possible by the Elo Hell Workshops Discord. Join today at workshop.codes/discord.
Edits on behalf of
Original event organized by
In partnership with
Paris Eternal Edit Developers
Organization and Assembly
SVB's Overwatch 2 Patch Developers
Organization + Assembly
Overwatch 2 Experimental Patch Notes – October 22, 2021
As this is an edit of the original SVB Overwatch 2 patch, some of the developer comments will be left over from that patch. We worked closely with the Paris Eternal to fix bugs and implement features that they felt made the most sense for the upcoming Overwatch 2 5v5 environment. Some features from the original patch were removed due to being too annoying, too clunky, or otherwise being unsuitable for a more competitive environment.
Please note that, as of time of writing, this mode, its developers, Elo Hell, Elo Hell Workshops, and Workshop.codes are not officially associated with Overwatch League. The patch notes below are relative to the current retail (live) patch of Overwatch 1 (as of 2021-10-22). With all that said, enjoy!
Roles are now locked by slot. Players should be arranged in the lobby by the role they intend to play. A later patch may remove the need for this arrangement. The slots are arranged as follows:
All respawn timers have been reduced to 80%. In most scenarios this will mean it has been reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds. Overtime respawn timers are also affected.
Role Passive: 30% knockback reduction and 25% less ult charge granted for damage by enemies
- Defense Matrix maximum duration increased from 2 to 4 seconds
Note: I wanted it to take one ally along potentially as well, but that was proving tricky in the Workshop.
- Increased projectile speed from 120m/s to 150m/s
- Reduced movement penalty when firing from 30% to 10%
- Replaced by new ability: Gallop. Charge up & release for a burst distance travel (similar to Doomfist punch). Will push enemies out of path. Deals 75 damage
- Supercharger drops with a 600hp shield in front of it
This set of changes is more or less a faithful recreation of Overwatch 2 Reinhardt as we've seen him. Do note that, due to Workshop limitations, Reinhardt's power steering does not actually increase the turning speed of Reinhardt's facing direction. This may result in Reinhardt's charge feeling harder to control.
- Health reduced from 300 to 250
- Armor increased from 200 to 300
- Health/armor total increased from 500 to 550
- Cancel charge by pressing the button again
- Allows for better steering while charging
- Cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds
- Fire Strike can now store up to 2 charges. Each charge takes 6 seconds to generate
- Damage reduced from 100 to 95
- 1200HP Shield
- Steadfast removed (as to not stack with the 30% knockback reduction given by the tank role passive)
We're also reducing the displacement power of Whole Hog, as well as increasing its cost, to avoid making tanking too frustrating.
- Take a Breather now creates a gas cloud which grants allies 10% damage reduction and heals allies for 20 health per second while they stand in it.
- Roadhog now slows down significantly while using Take a Breather.
- Gas cloud lingers for 2.5 seconds after Take a Breather ends.
- Ultimate cost increased by 25%
- Knockback reduced by 20%
Sigma and his teammates will be able to use this ability to access high ground reliably, and the ability also fits his gravity-styled kit much better.
- Replaced with Gravitic Lift: radius of 3.5 meters, height of 25 meters, lasts for 8 seconds, cooldown of 13 seconds starts from initial placement. While within its area of effect, Sigma and his allies can hold Jump to ascend, and Crouch to descend.
- Base health increased from 350 to 400 (overall health increased from 500 to 550)
- Winston can now hold down secondary fire to charge up a longer-range attack capable of hitting enemies up to 20 meters away.
- This attack takes 1 second to charge up to 50 damage, and may be held for an additional 1 second after reaching maximum charge.
- Firing this attack costs 25 ammo.
- Knock-up height scales with distance to epicentre
Note: At the moment, the Workshop does not allow Zarya to use two ally bubbles at the same time - you have to wait for the first one to disappear before you can apply a second barrier.
- Damage dealt decreased from [75 - 170] to [66 - 150]
- Bubble has 2 charges that can be used on yourself or allies
- Reduced cooldown from 10/8 to 7 seconds
Role Passive: 15% movement speed increase for all heroes
- Knockback against enemies reduced (maximum 7m)
- No longer gains ult charge when B.O.B is active
- Health reduced from 225 to 200
- Fan the Hammer damage per bullet reduced from [25 - 50] to [15 - 35]
- Flashbang replaced by Lasso. Holds target in position for 1 second instead of stunning (works like Junkrat Trap)
- Primary fire total damage increased from [19.8 - 66] to [27 - 80]
- Rocket Punch can now carry Doomfist upwards. Note this does not allow Doomfist to punch downwards.
- Initial damage reduced from [50 - 100] to [10 - 50]
- Damage from impacting a wall reduced from [50 - 150] to [50 - 100]
- Outer ring damage falloff now starts at 250 damage (up from 200 damage)
- Outer ring damage falloff now ends at 20 damage (up from 15 damage)
DEV COMMENT: Please note that as of right now, if an Echo duplicates to a hero that your team also has, your teammate will be unable to swap off of, and then back onto the hero that Echo duplicated until the duplicate finishes. For example, if your team is running an Ana, and your Echo duplicates the enemy Ana, your Ana will be able to swap to Zenyatta, but will be unable to swap back to Ana until the friendly Echo finishes duplicating the Ana. A fix is being worked on, but Echo is just a pain in the rear to deal with in general.
Please also note that the Echo ultimate charge nerf is not intentional, but until a fix is found, the change is being noted here to avoid confusion.
- Now fires 5 instead of 6 bombs
- Cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds
- Ultimate no longer builds at an increased rate while duplicating
Note: I wanted to reduce his recovery rate of fire a bit more but that’s not possible in the Workshop.
- Reduced ultimate generation by 5%
- Increased movement speed passive removed to match speed of all other DPS heroes
- Damage increased from 28 to 30
- Dragonblade no longer receives damage amp from Nanoboost
We also wanted to experiment with having a limited amount of ammo on Hanzo, so we added a quiver system wherein Hanzo must refill his quiver (reload) after firing 12 shots.
- All arrows now have damage falloff starting from 15 meters, and falling to 60% damage at 45 meters
- Increased projectile speed from 110 to 125
- Moved to secondary fire
- 35 damage per storm arrow
- Hold to fire storm arrows (must rapid fire, cannot wait to shoot)
- Release to return to normal firing mode
- Now stores up to 2 charges
- Lunge distance increased by 35%
- Reduced cooldown from 10 to 7 seconds
- Damage increased from 55 to 66
- Replaced with "Avalanche". Avalanche turns Mei in to a giant rolling Snowball that picks up enemies she rolls over. After 3 seconds (or when reaching a wall) Avalanche explodes, knocking back and damaging (50) everyone caught in Avalanche. Avalanche also damages enemies caught in inside over time while rolling for 30 damage per second
- Duration reduced from 3 to 2 seconds
- Now slowly reloads ammo while sprinting (4 ammo per second)
Developer comment: Per Paris Eternal's request, the hack duration was lowered to 1 second.
- Hack is now a guaranteed-hit seeking single-target projectile
- Hack duration reduced 5 to 1 seconds
- Hack cooldown increased 8 to 10 seconds
- Cooldown now starts when teleporter is placed
- Teleporter now lasts 8 seconds
- Replaced with "Light Clone". Light Clone creates a duplicate Symmetra who moves inversely to the real Symmetra and deals full damage.
- Increased movement speed passive removed to match speed of all other DPS heroes
Role Passive: Regenerates health at 10 HP/S after 2 seconds of not taking damage
- Cooldown increased from 12 to 15 seconds
- Regenerative burst self-healing nerfed: 15 per second (self), 75 overall
- Immortality has cast time of 1.0 seconds. Bap is immobile while casting
- Stun reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.1 seconds
- Range increased from 4.5 meters to 9 meters
- Damage increased from 5 to 50
- Continuously wall riding charges Music Meter, which buffs some of Lúcio's other abilities
- Music Meter reaches maximum charge after 4 seconds of wallriding, and must have at least 1 second of charge to affect other abilities
- Music Meter drains at a rate of 10% per second while not wallriding
- Benefits from "Music Meter". Increases effectiveness by at least 5%, up to 20% at full meter
- Benefits from "Music Meter". Increases effectiveness by at least 10%, up to 25% at full meter
- Mercy now has ‘beam degeneration’. The more she heals a single target, the more her healing per second on that target drops.
- Max healing is 55 health per second, which drops to a minimum of 40 health per second over the course of 4 seconds of continuous healing. When the beam target is switched, this number starts to regenerate on the previous target
- Replaced by "Angelic Blessing": You can select an ally and send a soul to them. That soul then grants them the ability to, over the next 6 seconds have 1 single GA use. After 6 seconds the soul will fade away. 20 Second cooldown
- Now clears the following negative status effects from allies within a 2 meter radius on cast:
- Stunned (e.g. Sigma's Accretion)
- Knocked Down (e.g. Reinhardt's Earthshatter)
- Hacked (e.g. Sombra's Hack)
- Due to Workshop limitations, the following negative status effects CANNOT be cleared:
- Ana's anti-heal effect
- Ashe's Dynamite burn
- Sombra's EMP hack
- Reinhardt's Charge pin
- For balance concerns, the following negative status effects are NOT cleared:
- Sleep (e.g. Ana's Sleep Dart)
- Mei's Avalanche (except for knockdown at the end)
- While charging Secondary Fire a small 50hp shield will appear in front of Zenyatta.
This post utilizes other codes either in part or in full. This could be because they remixed them, used parts of them, were inspired by them, or other reasons.