This code is over 6 months old. The code may have expired and might no longer function.
All tanks have been changed, some even receiving massive shifts in their playstyle!
- Defense Matrix recharge rate decreased by 10%
- Boosters cooldown reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
- Boosters knockback increased by 20%
D.Va's in a good place right now, but she tends to hold the top ranks and OWL hostage while being kind of eh for the other 90% of us. Now, her Defense Matrix is slightly less overbearing, while her Boosters have a little more oomph to them.
- Base HP reduced from 200 to 150
- Base armor increased from 250 to 350
- Protective Shield HP reduced from 600 to 450
- Protective Shield cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 8 seconds
- Fortify cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 9 seconds
- Fortify now grants Orisa a 75% speed increase
Orisa's slow, patient gameplay isn't fun for the majority of Orisa players, or the people she plays against. Now, she can afford to be more aggressive, and she's far bulkier, but at the cost of her barrier being very thin. With Sigma's barrier uptime absolutely gutted, Double Barrier shouldn't be a concern for buffing Orisa.
- Movement penalty while holding shield reduced from -30% to -15%
- Can now cancel charge
- Rocket Hammer knockback increased by 20%
- Barrier Shield recharge rate increased by 15%
Reinhardt's biggest weakness is how much poke damage he's forced to take as he approaches his enemies, which can shred his barrier. Now, he walks much faster while he holds his barrier up, somewhat alleviating that weakness. The charge cancel is just a nice quality of life change for him.
- Base HP reduced from 600 to 500
- Take a Breather healing reduced from 300 to 200
- Take a Breather now grants all allies in a 10 metre radius 100 healing over 2 seconds, with an extra 100 for Roadhog. Will not activate unless Roadhog is within 15 metres of an ally. Stacks with Take a Breather.
- Take a Breather now grants Roadhog a 50% speed increase
- Scrap Gun pellet damage increased from 6.6 to 7
- Chain Hook cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 11 seconds
- Ammunition clip increased from 5 to 6
Roadhog is a menace right now. While he still remains very threatening with higher damage, his hooks are less frequent (but more deadly) and he's heavily incentivized to stay with his team for higher healing on his Take a Breather. He's also a much better shield breaker now, so he can bully enemy tanks a little better.
- Base health increased from 300 to 400
- Experimental Barrier can now only be active for 1.25 seconds. Maximum travel distance now 4.125 metres.
- Experimental Barrier redeploy cooldown increased from 2 seconds to 9 seconds
- Kinetic Grasp cooldown decreased from 12 seconds to 9 seconds
- Kinetic Grasp now grants Sigma a 75% speed increase
- Accretion cooldown decreased from 10 to 8 seconds
Sigma's role as a shield off-tank has spawned the least enjoyable meta to date: Double Barrier. He's singlehandedly blocking meaningful Orisa buffs, and he even got Moira, Doomfist and Symmetra gutted to shift the meta while the devs refused to nerf him in 2019's Double Barrier meta. So, he shall be reworked. His barrier now functions much like Symmetra's old Photon Barrier, being used to block key abilities with low uptime. To compensate for this massive nerf to his shield, Kinetic Grasp is available much more often, and is an escape tool, and Accretion is more active as well. He also gets just a little tankier. These changes should once and for all be the end of Double Barrier.
- Base armor increased from 150 to 200
Winston explodes like a meat balloon a lot of the time nowadays, thanks to burst damage being so strong. Now, he should be just a little hardier.
- Minefield duration decreased from 20 seconds to 16 seconds
- Minefield knockback increased by 20%
Wrecking Ball's minefield stays around for an obnoxiously long time. Now, it fades a little faster, but it also bounces its victims around more, making it potentially more lethal.
- Particle Barrier cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 8 seconds
Zarya's previous damage nerf has made her arguably the worst tank in the game. Now, she gets a slight bump to her survivability that also makes it easier to maintain charge to circumvent her damage nerf. I wish I could've altered the way it scales, but I'm just a gamer with access to the Overwatch Workshop.