This code is over 6 months old. The code may have expired and might no longer function.
One day I was thinking about how deadeye sucks ass so I came up with this rework, then i remembered it today and made it.
This rework was designed to change deadeye to be less of an area denial ult, and more of an assassination ult, along the lines of pulse bomb, that is easy to get one kill with but has potential to get more than one.
- Damage Charge system is replaced by an Increment System
- Damage now increments over time reaching a total of 1000 damage.
- Auto aim is limited to a 7.5 degree area, similar to tactical visor.
- Aiming and moving is now allowed during the firing phase.
- Movement speed reduction is decreased from 70% to 40%.
- Max duration is decreased to 3.5 seconds from 6.2 seconds.
- Rate of fire decreased from 1 shot per 0.2 seconds to 0.16 seconds.
The Increment system is in 6 amounts, to match the 6 bullets in the gun.
The numbers are as follows:
Bullet 1 takes 0.1 seconds to charge and deals 70 damage.
Bullet 2 takes 0.25 seconds to charge and does 80 damage for a total of 150.
Bullet 3 takes 0.35 seconds to charge and does 95 damage for a total of 245.
Bullet 4 takes 0.45 seconds to charge and does 115 damage for a total of 360.
Bullet 5 takes 0.60 seconds to charge and does 155 damage for a total of 515.
Bullet 6 takes 0.75 seconds to charge and does 485 damage for a total of 1000.
It takes 2.5 seconds to reach full increment.
I chose these damage numbers because they correspond to health values of specific characters, 150 for tracer and baby dva, 245 for most dps and support, 360 for the remaining dps and support, 515 because it is the exact amount of damage needed to kill a full hp reinhardt, and 1000 to kill basically anything else.
I have added a tracer, soldier, bastion, reinhardt, and roadhog bot to this mode so that you can check out the damage increments.
Note: To my knowledge, there is no way to make this ult damage barriers or buildables, so I do not recommend testing this in a PUG or skrimage or whatever you call it.
In reality, it would be very good to use against these things.