Hello! I was bored so i decided to re-balance the current tank heroes since many of the tank heroes feel unimpactful and clunky. Enjoy!
D.Va is a good tank right now, however there are few things that really need to be polished in order for her to be fun to play for both sides. My goal with D.Va's changes are to redistirbute power from her Defense Matrix into making it feel better as a whole as with the shorter duration, you have to use it wisely, but you can get it back faster now and not wait an eternity.
- Maximum duration decreased from 3 to 2 seconds
- Recharge rate decreased from 6 to 4 seconds
Doomfist feels like a really bad Tank hero, as hes sluggish and can only do so much. The Hand Cannon changes should make his primary more reliable. Power Block has also needed some changing as it got way over nerfed, and the speed penalty feels too harsh, so I retuned it a bit to make it more punishing for enemies to shoot at Doomfist and to generally make it feel better to use in fights. The 16% ultimate cost increase for Meteor Strike makes it feel too slow to charge, and punishing for absolutely no reason. Reducing the cost slightly should make him feel better overall.
- Ammunition increased from 4 to 5
- Minimum damage mitigated required to empower Rocket Punch decreased from 100 to 90 damage
- Movement penalty decreased from 35 to 25%
- Ultimate cost decreased by 5%
Mauga is a very controversal hero, and probably for good reasons too. Since Mauga got his health pool increased to 750, I reduced Cardiac Overdrive's lifesteal as 60% life steal with 750 HP is terrifying, and the last thing I want is for Mauga to be in every game again.
- Health decreased from 550 to 525
- Armor increased from 200 to 225
- Lifesteal decreased from 60 to 50%
Orisa usually sees a low winrate, which is understanding because she is surprisingly weak. I chose to nerf her Energy Javelin cooldown as she feels so frustrating to go against because of her CC and the ability to just become a brick wall. This should hopefully help facing Orisa feel better while still leaving her impactful. While cancelling Fortify early sounds like a nice change on paper, but in some cases you can be spamming the button for Fortify to activate the ability, just for it to end right away because you self cancelled on accident. Being able to cancel Fortify doesn't do much besides start the cooldown early, and with how the cooldown works in the live game, it would only make it go from 12 to 16.5 seconds which feels awful. This aims to fix that, and I also reverted how its cooldown works to make it feel better to use.
- Cooldown increased from 6 to 8 seconds
- Can no longer be cancelled manually
- Cooldown now starts as soon as the ability is over
- Cooldown decreased from 16.5 to 12 seconds
Ramattra almost never is seen using his barrier, which sucks because every hero should be able to use each ability equally as often in-order to keep up with Overwatch 2's fast-pace motion gameplay. I changed his Barrier to work more towards using it offensively and defensively instead of just only defensively. Nemesis Form also feels incredibly frustrating to go against as the 100 armor to his Omnic form also applies to his Nemesis form, effectively giving him 325 armor instead of 225. So I reduced the armor applied to Nemesis Form to reduce his sustainability as it proves to be too strong. Ravenous Vortex also feels not the greatest, so keeping it on a high cooldown makes no sense. I reduced the cooldown to allow for more open plays with the ability and to keep mobility in check more often. Annihilation has always been very strong, and when used right, it basically guarantees a team fight win. Making it have a maximum duration of 10 seconds no matter what should make it more easily balanceable by number tuning and players can predict when its going to end. Void Accelerator feels a little lackluster as its not that great at poking. Increasing the projectile speed but reducing the damage should help just incase the speed is too unbearable to go against.
- Damage decreased from 5 to 4.75
- Projectile speed increased from 80 to 90m/s
- Health decreased from 1000 to 600
- Cooldown decreased from 13 to 6 seconds
- Armor applied is decreased from 225 to 175
- Now goes on cooldown after using Annihilation
- Cooldown decreased from 12 to 10 seconds
- Now has a strict set duration of 10 seconds
Reinhardt is certainly not the greatest and he has needed some retuning in his kit to make him feel better against burst damage for ages now. I increased his armor so he has better sustain, but I reduced his shield health to compensate for it and to not promote being a shield bot. Firestrike still feels like its in an old slower paced game, aka OW1. This ability has been needed to be updated to OW2's faster pace, so I increased its projectile speed so it matches the new pace of the game. However, I decreased the damage of the projectile so it doesn't feel like a cheap unavoidable ability for enemies. Charge has felt pretty terrible as 300 HP heroes are able to essentially have a second chance to escape from him afetr being pinned to a wall, so I increased the damage of the ability. I also wanted to add on to the "memey" changes that were implemented from Overwatch 1 experimental cards, I think that reducing the crit damage of Earthshatter to 170 from 250 was a little much as it wasn't even that bad to begin with, but I increased it back to 250 so it is able to kill squishies again, just not 300 hp heroes.
- Base armor increased from 275 to 300
- Damage decreased from 100 to 90
- Projectile speed increased by 50%
- Damage increased from 275 to 300
- Health decreased from 1400 to 1200
- Movement penalty decreased from 30 to 25%
- Critical damage increased from 170 to 250
Roadhog is definitely a hero thats very flawed design wise, but I believe theres ways to fix that without needing to rework him further. I reduced the damage resistance of Take a Breather to make it less of an annoyance to go against but reduced the recharge rate so the ability feels nicer to use, along with reducing its actual cooldown should open up more opportunities to use the ability.
Take a Breather
- Damage resistance decreased from 50% to 40%
- Recharge rate decreased from 10 to 8 seconds
- Cooldown decreased from 1.5 to 1 second
Sigma has been an incredibly powerful hero ever since Overwatch 2's release. He needs to be toned down a bit because he is a jack of all trades. I increased Kinetic Grasp's cooldown so enemies have a chance to kill him as his shield and Kinetic grasp together in 1 kit essentially just gives him too much defense while having great poking potential. Tuning down his defense, I chose to increase Accretion's damage but reducing the stun duration as the stun never needed to be increased. These changes should help bring Sigma in line with the other tank heroes.
- Cooldown increased from 12 to 13 seconds
- Impact damage increased from 40 to 60 (100 damage total with explosion)
- Knockdown duration decreased from 1.1 to 0.8 seconds
Wrecking Ball is a hero that honestly can't fit into Overwatch 2 with his current kit. I don't feel like I should rework him, as I don't play him, so I wouldn't know what to do. I just decided to help him in areas that feel either too frustrating or unimpactful, and frustrating for enemies. Wrecking Ball's big issue is that his literal gigantic robotself is able to get bodyblocked by somebody like Tracer, so the no collision in ball form with enemy players aims to fix this issue. With the base shield health, he doesn't need to earn 100 shields from enemies. Minefield also feels incredibly lengthy and shouldn't last the entirety of a teamfight, so I reduced the duration but increased the knockback strength of the mines so theres a higher chance of it bumping enemies into more mines. Quad Cannons have felt pretty weak ever since Overwatch 1, and I think giving him more damage should help him in solidifying kills that he couldn't before. Grappling Claw being forced on cooldown after respawning is also just stupid, as every other mobility hero is able to use their cooldowns just fine after respawning, Ball shouldn't be an exception.
- Damage increased from 5 to 5.5
- No longer has collision with enemy players (can still knockback players with Grappling Claw)
- No longer goes on cooldown upon spawning or respawning
- Health gained per target decreased from 100 to 75 health
- Maximum duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds
- Knockback strength increased by 10%
Zarya is a fairely strong hero, but her alt fire often feels lackluster. Reducing the consumption should help make her feel better in a fun way, while the increased knockback allows her to boost herself to more places and displace enemies away from their team. Her primary fire damage feels a little too strong in most occasions so I am toning it down a little bit so its midway between too weak and too strong.
- Primary fire minimum damage decreased from 95 to 90 damage per second
- Primary fire maximum damage decreased from 190 to 180 damage per second
- Secondary fire ammo consumption decreased from 25 to 20
- Secondary fire knockback strength increased by 50%