The classic Bastion Escape 2 experience, but revamped to work in Overwatch 2.
If you've never played Bastion Escape 2, I've linked it above as a source! Check it out for a gameplay description.
- Bastion stays in Configuration: Assault. When no enemies are in sight, he'll periodically leave and reenter so he can sustain fire on players for a full 6 seconds.
- Support for the full roster of heroes, with automatic inclusion of newly released heroes. If a new hero is released and I don't get around to adding them to the hero progression list, they automatically will be added just before Bastion.
- Support for temporary hero removal as we've seen happen to Mei, Torb, and Bastion. In the event Blizz has removed a hero from custom games, that hero will just be skipped and the game mode will still function.
Quality of Life changes:
- Hero change can now also be performed by using the spawn hero menu rather than the purple ring.
- Bastion position is now locked in place using the Start Forcing Player Position rule. No more Mei walls repositioning him and ruining the fun for everyone.
- Players respawn in 2 seconds unless a Mercy is within Guardian Angel range, in which case they take 5.
- Symm's teleporter destroys itself more reliably: 2 seconds after it is placed or 0.5 seconds after she goes through.
- D.Va has invincibility for a brief moment when she demechs. She also has to walk less far: 30 meters away from where she demeched rather than 50.
- Players who die five times on the same hero are offered the chance to skip the hero. This was in the original Bastion Escape 2, but it was set at 20(!!!) deaths.
- Re-ordered the hero list so that new players can more easily learn the maps (Sombra, Tracer, Reaper, Symmetra, Moira, Doomfist, Genji... -> Sombra, Reaper, Moira, Kiriko, Sigma, Genji, Orisa...)
- Ana's sleep dart is on a 6 second cooldown and enemies always sleep for the full 5 seconds, but to prevent players from spamming one area, there's a limit. Ana can only sleep each Bastion once per 20 seconds. There are UI elements to indicate this.
- Zenyatta has enhanced movement abilities: Snap Kick also pushes off of surfaces and he can levitate for three seconds after jumping like in that one experimental patch.
Tower escape mod made by: WOBBLYOW#2981, NOTBANANA#21520 and PIRATEBOOT#2133.
Hanamura made by: REYDI#21629 (not in current version though)
Blizzard World, Eichenwalde, Hollywood, Junkertown, Paris, Temple of Anubis by DATZENYAT#2990.
Bastion Escape 2 by EfeDursun125#2815
OW2 Bastion Escape by BearWhoLived#1783
This post utilizes other codes either in part or in full. This could be because they remixed them, used parts of them, were inspired by them, or other reasons.