Damage Hero Changes
My attempts at patching the damage heroes! There are a lot of heroes, so I'll be adding the others later.
- Fan The Hammer damage reduced from 50 to 45
- Max ammo reduced from 6 to 5
- Combat Roll cooldown decreased to 5 seconds
This change will reduce Cassidy's overall DPS due to his increased downtime thanks to the reload, as well as make his alternate fire less devastating. Now, low HP heroes have a chance to survive the Flashbang to Fan the Hammer combo, and it should be less devastating to tanks now. To compensate, his mobility is more readily available.
- If killed in Duplicate, Echo dies as well
Now, Echo's Duplicate isn't a free second chance at life... It's just very inexpensive. She's pretty likely to survive anyway if she doesn't take stupid risks.
- Dragonblade damage increased from 110 to 120
- Projectile speed increased by 25%
- If Nano Boosted during Dragonblade, Nano Boost only amplifies his damage by 30%
- Swift Strike cooldown halved in Dragonblade
Genji's place in the meta is odd. His only real use is a combination of Ana's Nano Boost and his Dragonblade, and he's generally weak when he doesn't have his ultimate. To combat this, Ana's Nano Boost will have a unique interaction with his blade, reducing its amplification effects, while allowing it to still be strong. Dragonblade on its own felt incredibly weak without Ana's assistance after the damage nerf, and it only further cemented his dependence on her. His mid-game when he doesn't have his ultimate has been improved as well.
- Storm Arrow quantity reduced from 5 to 4
- Lunge cooldown increased from 5 seconds to 6
- Projectile speed increased from 110 to 125 metres per second
Hanzo's role as a tank shredder was problematic, to say the least. Now, he's more of a sniper again, while still retaining some of his tankbusting power.
- Max ammo increased from 120 to 150
- Ice Wall cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 10
Now, Mei can stop playing reload simulator. Her utility also comes up more now.
- Helix Rocket cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds
Now that Soldier: 76 is strong, his burst potential should be toned down.
- New Passive: Shield Generation. When Symmetra damages someone with her primary fire, she generates temporary shields for herself. These shields decay over time, and cap at a max of 150 extra shields.
- Base shields reduced from 125 to 100
- Teleporter cooldown increased to 12 seconds; cooldown now starts on placement
- Teleporter now destroys itself after 10 seconds
- If destroyed by the enemy, or prematurely by the player, Teleporter's cooldown is 6 seconds
Symmetra often finds herself in a position where she can't use her primary weapon for fear of getting absolutely blown up. Now, she can charge up to nearly the health pool of a tank, drastically improving her survivability, putting her up there with the likes of Mei and Reaper. Her base shields are reduced to cater to her ramp-up mechanics, but they do ramp up fast enough that she doesn't need, like, 5 seconds of damage to get to that level. Symmetra's finite TP was far better received by the Symmetra community, so this is my attempt at bringing it back. Infinite TP was a stupid change, anyway.
- Deploy Turret cooldown increased from 10 seconds to 12; 6 seconds to 5 if destroyed manually
Now, destroying Torbjörns turret should feel more impactful, since he can't redeploy it so soon.
- Blink cooldown increased to 4 seconds
- Recall cooldown increased to 15 seconds
- Base health increased to 175
Tracer has consistently been one of the strongest damage dealers, mostly due to her extreme mobility allowing her to have an advantage in a duel against almost every other hero, including tanks. We're toning down her mobility, but compensating her with more survivability, though she will often find herself without cooldowns if used the way she is now. With her blinks toned down, she'll have a harder time dodging crowd control now.