Mini Me is like regular Overwatch except you have a second mini version of yourself that you can also control. Due to technical limitations it can only be played with a maximum of 3 actual players on each team.
Everyone in this gamemode has a second hero called a Mini Me. You can switch between controlling your Mini Me and regular you by pressing Interact. When you aren't controlling your Mini Me they'll do their best to assist you automatically.
Besides the regular hero controls there's a few other controls for your Mini Me.
- Press Interact to switch between controlling regular you and your Mini Me.
- Switch heroes while controlling your Mini Me to switch their hero.
- Your Mini Me spawns attached to your back by default. You can hold reload to detach them and press reload while looking at them to pick them up again. You can also use this to pick up another player's detached Mini Me.
- You can do this as your Mini Me by jumping to detach yourself or press melee while looking at regular you to reattach yourself.
- If you switch back to regular you while holding a button your Mini Me will disable their AI and continue to hold the button.
- You can hold melee to align your Mini Me's aim with your reticle if you're carrying them in button hold mode.
- If you hold melee first you can press Interact without switching.
- You can hold reload to switch your Mini Me's weapon if they have a second weapon.
- You can crouch while carrying your Mini Me to reduce their damage taken slightly.
This gamemode has a custom hero AI for each mini hero. Your Mini Me will use an AI whenever you're not controlling them. Here's a few things that you might want to know about the AI.
- Every Mini Me AI has limited accuracy. Their accuracy decreases when they're moving quickly, their target is moving quickly, or they're trying to hit something far away.
- If your Mini Me is a support they'll only use their abilities on the player they're attached to. If they're detached they'll attempt to heal anyone near you.
- Your Mini Me will try to stay near you. They won't chase enemy players on their own even if they have short range abilities.
- The Mini Me AIs have very limited pathing capabilities and won't be able to reach you if you get too far away from them.
- If you try to pick up your Mini Me from too far away they'll attempt to walk to you.
- Your Mini Me's current AI mode is visible in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Your Mini Me's ammo, cooldowns, and ultimate charge are all visible in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Your Mini Me will automatically respawn attached to your back if you're alive.
- You can't control your Mini Me's movement while stunned or dead, because there's no way to get the player's movement input.
- Mini Mei can't use her Cryofreeze while being carried due to physics issues.
- This gamemode has an autohosting feature that randomizes the teams and restarts the game after the play of the game. It can be disabled from the Workshop settings.