Loot Quest v22.214.171.124 (by Delwion#2667)
Hunt enemies for a chance to obtain epic loot and save your progress with the help of a 40-digit save code in this long-term, slow progress PvE RPG mode (you slowly progress over the course of several matches)!
|Map||Share Code (v126.96.36.199)||Default Enemy Levels|
|Training||CTHE4||Tutorial for new players|
|Regular Maps||4QV99||16 different hunting maps, recommended player level: 1-60|
|Adventure Maps||JSTPC||6 more dangerous hunting maps, recommended player level: 15-45|
|Arreat Summit||CATCH||Level 60 boss encounter|
|Elite Maps||XPCRY||2 different elite hunting maps, recommended player level: 60+|
|Secret Cow Level||HH3XY||1 secret hunting map, recommended player level: 60|
|Secret Bazaar||AHMNA||1 secret area with services for high level players|
|Unstable Core||HYPVE||Level 100 raid|
|Code Conversion Tool||EGHGE||Converts save codes from v3.2 - 5.1.2 to version 6.0+|
- Find other players for your region and platform on the Loot Quest Discord server: discord.gg/mdydY4z
- If you want to play on a specific map, deselect all others in the custom game lobby settings.
- You can find the complete Loot Quest manual on the official Overwatch forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/367704
Gameplay - Beginner's Guide
If you are a new player, it is recommended you start with the Training tutorial or read the instructions in town on a regular map.
- Defeat enemies for EXP and a chance to obtain loot (visible as spheres on the ground).
- Press Crouch to pick up loot.
- Hold Interact for 1 second to respawn when you die.
- The further away you go from your spawn room, the higher level your enemies will be.
- If you pick up an equippable item, it's placed in your inventory (HUD text on the right side).
- You can equip the item in your inventory with Acknowledge or Yes when you are out of combat (you haven't taken or dealt damage for 3 seconds) and are at full health.
- You can sell the item in your inventory for gold by pressing Interact.
- You can carry up to five items in your inventory.
- Press Melee to go to the next item in your inventory.
- Your equipped item is displayed in the HUD text on the left side.
- The number next to an item's hero icon is its item power. Item power is an indicator of how powerful and rare an item is. Everyone begins the game for the first time with a Tracer of item power 5.
- Better items will have more default abilities unlocked, can have better base stat bonuses (Attack, Defense, Health, Speed, Projectiles), may have special abilities and a purely cosmetic visual effect.
- A higher player level (obtained from earning EXP, displayed as a small number following a player's name in the HUD text on the left side) slightly increases your base stats and your Magic Find ‰ (chance to find rare items).
- If you want to save your progress (equipped item including all its stats, gold, player level, EXP %, number of boss summon stones; inventory cannot be saved), use the green station in the spawn room with Crouch and press Print Screen to take a screenshot so you have an image of the code that appears on screen (or take a picture of it with your camera).
- You can only get one code every 40 seconds and your progress is saved at the state it was in when you obtained the code (any changes after that are not saved anymore in the same code).
- To load a save state, use the white station in the spawn room with Crouch (this will stop your character from moving) and enter your save code (see Controls below on how to enter a code).
- The other stations in the spawn room are not very important at the very start of the game. You can read up on what each of them does in the manual on the official Overwatch forums, linked below, read the instructions in town in a game, or learn about them by completing the Training tutorial).
|Pick up loot||Crouch|
|Use the primary function of a station in town||Crouch|
|Use the secondary function of a station||Crouch while holding Reload|
|Respawn (when dead)||Hold Interact for 1 second|
|Go to next item in inventory||Melee|
|Equip selected inventory item||Communicate: Acknowledge while at full health and out of combat¹||Communicate: Yes while at full health and out of combat¹|
|Sell selected inventory item for gold (default selling method selected)||Interact|
|Sell selected inventory item for gold (alternative selling method selected)||Melee while holding Crouch|
|Toggle between default/alternative selling method||Interact while standing inside the white station in town|
|Teleport to spawn room||Communicate: Need healing outside of town and out of combat¹|
|Show cost of services in town||Communicate: Thanks||Communicate: Need healing while in town|
|Use Soul Stone²||Communicate: Group Up outside of town||Communicate: Press the Attack or Communicate: Push Forward|
|Show stats of equipped item||Communicate: Ultimate Status||Communicate: Ready|
|Show stats of selected inventory item||Communicate: Ultimate Status while holding Crouch||Communicate: Ready while holding Crouch|
|Use the Teleport special ability³||Communicate: Hello||Communicate: Goodbye or Reload + Interact|
|Gift selected inventory item to player you are facing||Melee while holding Reload|
¹ Players are out of combat when they have not taken or dealt any damage for 3 seconds (their health will start to regenerate until they enter combat again).
² Only one player can have a Soul Stone active at the same time. Cannot be used when there is already a boss in the game.
³ The player needs to have an item with that special ability equipped.
Entering Save Codes
To load only the item of a save state, hold Reload when activating the white Load Save State (Load Item) station with Crouch. The HUD text at the top should read "Load Item" instead of "Load Save State" when you have successfully activated the load item function.¹
|Enter number||Primary Fire while aiming at the number in the number pad|
|Increase current digit||Interact|
|Lower current digit||Melee|
|Go to next digit||Crouch||Ability 2|
|Go to previous digit||Ability 1|
|Cancel enter code mode||Secondary Fire|
|Reset code||Secondary Fire while holding Reload²|
¹ Items cost gold to load ( cost = item power value / 8 ) and are added to the player's inventory (empty inventory slot required). Items from a save state with a higher level than the current player level cannot be loaded (exception: level 60+ players can load an item from any level 60+ save state). Item loading is disabled when a player carries any rank 5 (white) item and is not level 60 or higher. Rank 5 items that are not Super Novice items cannot be loaded.
² Resets the code to all zeros. The game will remember all numbers entered until a player successfully loads a save state, obtains or changes an item in any other way, or uses this command.
|Toggle between dynamic enemy levels and fixed level range||Interact while holding Jump standing inside the yellow station in town|
|Increase enemy levels||Interact while standing inside the yellow station in town|
|Reduce enemy levels||Interact while holding Ultimate inside the yellow station in town|
|Increase match duration¹ ²||Interact while standing inside the orange station in town|
|Reduce match duration²||Interact while holding Ultimate inside the orange station in town|
|End match in 10 minutes²||Interact while holding Ultimate and Melee inside the orange station in town|
¹ Enemy levels cannot be changed when there is a boss or a Soul Stone currently active on the map.
² The match duration can not be increased beyond 3 hours and 55 minutes.
³ The match duration can no longer be altered, once a match is in its last 10 minutes.
Complete Loot Quest manual posted on the official Overwatch forums and on hackmd.io:
A list of all workshop modes I have published on the official Overwatch forums: