WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUNDS!
WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUNDS! In Paintball! Playgrounds, 8 players will face off in a fast paced, paint loaded fight to the death! Select between 12 diverse classes and hone your epic skills on the battlefield. Dodge sonic booms, shock your enemies, and test your abilities with rotating random events and bounties to add to the chaos! Paintball just got a whole lot messier!
SELECT YOUR BEST CLASS!
SELECT YOUR BEST CLASS! On the playgrounds, you can select between up to 12 skillsets that accomodate any playstyle. Lets take a look at some of the talented classes you can use:
- MARKSMAN (ASHE): As Marksman, keep your opponents at bay using your powerful weapon-based abilites. With the ability to load extra, more powerful bullets into your weapon, charge in any direction for rapid repositioning, and even eliminate the need to reload altogether, enemies will have to be extra careful when stepping to you.
- SKIRMISHER (TRACER): Skirmisher specializes in picking whatever fights they please. You have a small health pool, but compensate for this with the ability to apply stackable shields to your healthbar, allowing you to weild massive amounts of defense. Also, your ability to instantly teleport in any direction is sure to disorient your foes. Your most powerful ability, however, is to create a massive vortex which slows the game and boosts your damage, along with many other effects.
- ASSASSIN (GENJI): Using Assassin, stealth has never been so deadly. Armed with complete invisibility potential, cloaking and healing smoke screens, and abilities that allow you to climb walls, jump higher, and stay almost completely undetectable, opponents need to constantly watch their back when you're near, or else it'll end up with a blade in it.
- BRUISER (BAPTISTE): If you're looking to fight toe to toe with enemies, Bruiser is the way to go. With Bruiser, you can channel a powerful forward leap that hurts enemies you hit them. You can also create an energy shield that renders you totally unkillable. Finally, you can override the system and create a quick but devastating explosion that brings enemies to their knees.
- GUNRUNNER (LÚCIO): Gunrunner is only for the most skilled soldiers. With the ability to ride on walls, turboboost their speed, apply a medical stimulant that heals just as fast as it activates, and propel themselves forward incredibly quickly, players with uncanny movement control will find Gunrunner absolutely devastating.
- SNIPER (WIDOWMAKER): Snipers require impecible accuracy. As Sniper, you can instantly swap positions with an enemy for a quick get away. Also, you can reveal the names and locations of all enemies on the map. Finally, you can apply massive amounts of sheilds depending on the damage you do. For a slow placed player with incredible aim, Sniper will bring much success.
- NOVA (D.VA): Nova truly understands the gravity of the situation. With space themed abilities that can create gravitational anchors usable for mobility, summon small zones of high gravity, and unleash a poweful explosion that ignites enemies, Nova is constantly on the move.
- WATTAGE (SOMBRA): Bring the quickest opponents to a shocking halt with Wattage. You can quickly teleport a short distance infront of you in quick succession to confuse your enemies. Slightly more energetic, however, is your Controlled Shock, which can stun the enemy you're aiming at and also chain react to other enemies. With enough energy, Wattage can also strike a targeted area with a stunning lightning blast, rendering enemies in the area completely immobile.
- GUNSLINGER (MCCREE): Firepower is all that matters with Gunslinger. For mobility, you can load your weapons with high velocity bullets that knock you back when you fire them. Also, you can load one single, incredibly devastating one shot bullet that remains in the chamber until you miss a shot. The most powerful part of Gunslinger's revolver is his Trigger Finger, which arms his revolver with 100 bullets that are fired in a very, very quick succession.
- ZERO (ECHO): Zero in on enemies with Zero. Your mobility ability, Agilitize, boosts all of your movement capabilities which allows you to chase enemies down. You can also create a link between you and an enemy that reveals their position for an infinite duration, or until one of you die. Once you finally find your target, you can channel a devastating laser beam that melts any enemies in the area.
- FLASHPOINT (SOLDIER: 76): For a more classic approach, Flashpoint allows you to stop enemies dead in their tracks. Using rocket jump, you can leap really high into the air to gain height onto enemies. You can also fire a blinding projectile that totally halts an enemy's momentum. Your ultimate unleashes a stunning explosion that pauses the competition, allowing you to clean up the area.
- PULSE (ANA): For our final class, Pulse specializes in sonic technology. Using a grapple to swing from place to place with great speeds and a sonic boom to disorient enemies it hits, Pulse is certainly a force to be reckoned with. Your most impactful ability, though, is to place a powerful pulse mine that emits damaging pulses to any enemies in a large area.
WE NEVER SLOW DOWN!
WE NEVER SLOW DOWN! On the playgrounds, mobility is always key. Without the proper balance between mobility and firepower, no competitor will make it out alive. Some of the special mechanics exclusive to the playgrounds are:
- CONSTANT DOUBLE JUMPING FOR ALL CLASSES
- SPLASH PADS LAYED ACROSS THE MAP
- A SLOW PASSIVE HEAL FOR ALL CLASSES
- STUNNING MELEES FOR ALL CLASSES
- RANDOM EVENTS THAT MIX UP THE CLASSIC RULES
- RANDOM BOUNTIES THAT PRIORITIZE PLAYERS
- A UNIQUE MOBILITY, UTILITY, AND ULTIMATE ABILITY FOR EACH CLASS
- PAINT LOADED ROUNDS WHICH PLAY SPLATTERS WHEN DAMAGING AND ELIMINATING ENEMIES
- A QUICK HEALTH ON ELIMINATION
- COLORED OUTLINES TO DISTINGUISH CLASSES
- AN INTUITIVE MENU THAT DESCRIBES ALL CLASSES
- WORKSHOP SETTINGS THAT CHANGE KEY FEATURES IN THE GAME
FINAL NOTES AND CREDITS
FINAL NOTES AND CREDITS: This gamemode means a lot to me. It's the first time I've ever made a gamemode to publish. Expect more in the future. Now, thanks and credits to:
- LuckyDucky1984, Rye Dog 8, PlannedYeti058, Kyushulol, and DatDooDFlaBoB for helping me playtest throughout the entire development.
- DoubleSystem for giving a first concept for the class "Zero".
- Andy for promoting the gamemode and menu concept for Paintball! Playgrounds, as well as for giving small suggestions for a test version of the mode.
- The Overwatch team for their double jumping system.
- Josbird for their Titanfall 2 style grapple that taught me how to make the swinging mechanic on Pulse's grapple.
- Many members of the discord server "Therister's Warehouse" for staying excited for the final mode. You know who you are!
- Therister for hosting a lengthened playtest for the mode, allowing me a medium to promote the mode, creating the concept for the current HUD, and giving frequent suggestions. Couldn't have done it without you.
- Mitsiee for helping resolve issues.
- Zensonaton for translating the mode to Russian.
- EVERYBODY for staying patient with me! Thank you.
NOW, THE PLAYGROUNDS NEEDS YOU!
EXPECT GAMEMODES NOW MUCH, MUCH MORE FREQUENTLY. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!