- The purpose of this template is to give workshop users a starting point for creating their own PVE gamemodes.
- This template provides these features:
- A start screen and voting system
- Default bot control
- Enemy targeting
- Default movement and facing
- Follow technology
- Bot spawning algorithms
- Spawn points
- Spawn rates
- Effect creation/deletion
- Default win/loss conditions
- Multi-map functionality
- Anti-Cheat system that prevents players from leaving and rejoining to reset their stats or gain another life
- The template currently contains one unit, one gamemode, and 2 objective types by default.
- Default unit: Soldier: 76.
- Default gamemode: "We're All Soldiers Now," Only Soldier: 76 bots will spawn.
- Default Objective types: Capture Points and Eliminations.
How Does It Work?
- The template has lots of comments directing users on how to create thier own units, objectives, and gamemodes.
- Helpful tips are in (parenthesis) while actions that are needed for adding in new content will have an (*astrisk).
Quick Tips for General Use:
- The variable losList contains a list of bots that can currently see any players.
- The variables specialFacing and specialThrottling must be set to true to override default facing and throttling behavior repectively.
- Feel free to make any changes you want to this template.
- There is a credit to me on the start screen. You can remove it if you want.
Example Use Cases:
- This template was created from the workings of the gamemode Zombie Survival Missions.
- If you have any questions, leave a comment here on workshop.codes and I'll try to get back to you when I can.