The Virtues of Fishing
A little gamemode that is best used to pass the time, often while waiting in DPS queues.
Based on Jokerz' gamemode.
- LEFT CLICK while standing inside the "Angler's Perch" to begin fishing.
- RIGHT CLICK while fishing to reel in. You will automatically reel in slowly.
- SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK while fishing to reel in faster.
RIGHT CLICK while fishing -- before your bait hits the water -- to stop the bait from going further. Useful for doing short casts.
INTERACT with the Quest NPC to start or turn in a Quest. You'll need to have caught five fish before you can start a Quest.
CROUCH + INTERACT with the Quest NPC to sell the contents of your Pail.
INTERACT from within the colored rings around the Stats NPC to upgrade your stats.
HOLD INTERACT to continue upgrading the same stat.
CHANGES FROM JOKERZ' VERSION
* Remade HUD * Reduced cost of upgrading Bait Level * Rewrote NPC dialogue * Added communications with NPCs * Added communications to catching and not catching a fish * Added punishment for a player trying to upgrade stats without the prerequisite Coins * Added function: Players can now right click before their bait hits the water to stop the bait from going further. Useful for doing shorter casts. * Fixed a major bug where the bait would sometimes not be slowed down by landing in the water * Fixed bugs regarding overlapping NPC interactions * Added Workshop Settings for configuring the stats and money that players start with * Added Workshop Settings for configuring the Quest NPC and Stats NPC
* Add configuration for fish names * Add configuration for fish catch distance * Add configuration for playable heroes? * Add configuration for fish prices? * Add support for other maps?
Comments are welcome.