Quake's iFT (Instagib Freeze Tag) by SkyeRaf#1246
This code is over 6 months old. The code may have expired and might no longer function.
SkyeRaf’s Quake-based Freeze Tag
Overview of game mode
- Teams are 6v6.
- Game mode used must be Team Deathmatch.
- First team to 9 points win. Best of 3 games may be played. Each game lasts a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Ashe is the only choice. 130% movement speed (7.15m/s), infinite ammo. Coach gun does no damage and has increased SELF knockback. Firing rate = 1.5 seconds.
- 1 shot to any part of the body = Enemy player frozen.
- You can unfreeze a teammate or multiple teammates together by standing next to them for 2.5 seconds (4 meter radius). Exiting that radius will reset the counter.
- To gain a point, you must freeze every player of the enemy team.
- Players are set to not take any damage when they are frozen.
- Players that die to environment will respawn unfrozen (you may also push teammates off the map if waiting 3 seconds is unfeasible).
- Bunny Hopping is added. Players who can remain moving and off the ground for .2 seconds will gain an additional 100% speed from the base speed. Players reach a maximum of 13.75m/s while not stationary and hopping.
- Impulse: You can push frozen players by shooting at them. Useful for shooting a frozen teammate off a cliff for a quick thaw or to split enemy players that are frozen together.
- 3rd Person Camera. Once you're frozen, you may rotate the camera with the left or right click (primary/secondary fire) buttons.
Due to technical issues on the Workshop/Blizzard’s side, some functions may not work as expected. Here are a few examples:
- The scoreboard will currently say 1 (frozen) or 0 (alive) instead of actual text “Frozen” or “Alive”. This is due to the fact that I cannot freely change strings on the scoreboard due to limitations from the workshop.
- I know about the grammatical mistakes on "X Frozen You". Blame Blizzard and their vocabulary.
- There is a rare issue where the 3rd person camera may be positioned in a weird part of the map. This is a Workshop engine bug and there is nothing I can do about this. This should not be game breaking as it only happens on a rare occasion. Your character will still be at the same spot you were frozen at.
Please follow me on Twitter for updates and coding streams: https://twitter.com/SkyeRaf
This post was originally hosted on workshop.elohell.gg, a site which is no longer online. If this was originally your post, you may click the button below to transfer this post to your Workshop.codes account or delete this post entirely.Archive Actions
Players | 1 - 12
Heroes: D.va, Junker Queen, Orisa, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and 29 more...
Maps: Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Paris, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries, and 16 more...
Current version: 1.3.4