Hanamura Havoc is a PVE mode where you face off against a seemingly endless horde of enemies. As you defeat enemies, your heroes will get stronger and you will gain points to spend in the shop to unlock new abilities and effects!
Some UI building was taken from Josbird's GETVX, however most of the Shop script was built myself
Almost each hero contains a "Skill Tree", which are a unique list of skills, designed to best synergise with their kits. For example, Sombra contains multiple skills empowering her Hack while Junkerqueen focuses on bleeding and executing enemies.
Some heroes use the "Generalist" Tree, which is a list of skills that changes slightly depending on the hero's role.
In total, there are over 160 skills in the game, with some being exclusive to a hero.
Open the shop by pressing the Interact key while between rounds. Here you can click to purchase new skills to further boost your hero!
Buttons highlighted as blue indicate they are at the max level and cannot be upgraded further.
Keep your eyes on the Sale tab! You can find new skills that are up to 33% off, even ones not usually found in your skill tree! This tab refreshes every round, so make sure to take a look in case you miss something extra spicy!
Some rounds may contain "parameters". These are new rules and effects added on a global level that last for that round. Parameters are designed to force you to chance your approach when confronting enemies, so always stay on your toes and keep tabs on the listing. Sometimes, parameter combinations can be especially mean, so those unaware can be in for a rough time.
Bosses & Legends
Bosses are enemies that can sometimes appear with extremely beefed up stats, but defeating them will net bonus EXP! So make sure to knock 'em out before they whale on you. There can be more than 1 boss at a time, so letting one stay alive for too long can cause serious issues for you.
Legends are similar to bosses, but they are even stronger and activate a unique "Legend Parameter". These parameters are intended to be much more impactful than the usual parameters and synergise with the enemy. Once the Legend is defeated, the Legend Parameter ends instantly.
Tasks, as the name suggests, are specific things you must do in order to net rewards! They can give you bonus stats and EXP! Be careful though, failing a task will make the enemies stronger, so don't ignore them!
You can change up a few aspects of this gamemode, found by accessing the "Workshop Settings" tab in the "Settings" area of the custom game lobby.
General settings for the gamemode.
|Maximum Parameters Possible||Sets the upper limit on the amount of parameters that can appear. Setting this to a very high value will make this mode considerably more challenging||5|
|Round Interchange Duration||Sets how long (in seconds) should Round Interchange last. Note that if a player is currently in the shop, this phase is paused until they exit||3|
|Endless Mode||Defines whether the mode will not conclude until all players have been defeated||TRUE|
|Target Round||If the above is FALSE, then the mode will end if players reach this round and beat it or they are all defeated, whichever comes first||30|
|Spawn Legends||Whether to allow Legends to spawn||TRUE|
Cheats that can make your life easier, if you find the mode too punishing.
|Starting Level||The level players will spawn at. Adjusts their stats accordingly, but not their EXP requirements||1|
|Starting SP||The number of Skill Points (SP) players will spawn with||0|
|EXP Multiplier||The percentage modifier to apply to all EXP gains. Also affects skills that give EXP||100|
|Enemy Growth Multiplier||The percentage modifier to apply to enemy stat growth. Affects enemy HP, Attack and Healing stats||100|
|No Skill Level Limits||Effectively makes all skills have no Max Level, letting players purchase them as many times as they'd like. Note that this can cause some skills to become ridiculously overpowered, as they were never intended to be purchased repeatedly||FALSE|
Tools for developing the mode. For the most part, these aren't useful for the average player.
|Server Load HUD||Renders the current Server Load on the top right||FALSE|
|Debugging Mode||Breaks gamemode start up and allows shop opening at any time||FALSE|
|Using Test Bots||No effect. The use of this option has been deleted in public releases||FALSE|
- Ana bots sometimes target nothing
- Symmetra bots will spam secondary fire instead of charging the shot fully
- Reinhardt bots will constantly open and close their shield instead of holding it properly
- Purchasing an ability tied skill while already owning the same skill on a different ability will transform that skill to the new ability
- Sometimes the task "Finish The Round In Time" will fail even though players succeeded
- Server can crash sometimes, however it is unlikely
- Some heroes have Ammo Up in their skill tree even though they are incompatible with it
- This is because of a Workshop specific issue preventing them from upgrading their ammunition. Once this issue is patched, they will no longer be flagged as incompatible with the skill
- Sombra's Slippery (Translocator) appears to have inconsistent results
- If Round 8 is chosen as a parameter round and the fog parameter is chosen, some bots will not have their outline hidden
- When a minefield is first generated, all players are struck by a mine
- Sometimes bots will not attack even though they should
- It is difficult to tell when an Ana's Infectious Shots bullet is bouncing, causing players to suddenly instantly take substantial damage
- There is no VFX when Hemorrhage, Dissect, Roulette and Executioner activate
- Sometimes after swapping heroes, the confirmation VFX will appear delayed
This post utilizes other codes either in part or in full. This could be because they remixed them, used parts of them, were inspired by them, or other reasons.