⚠ This code is over 6 months old.
This means the code may have expired and might no longer function.
THIS IS PVP QUESTS QUANTUM!
(formerly PVP Quests Deluxe)
The long-awaited 3.0 update has arrived!
(Based on BattleMercy's RPG Quests v.13.6.11)
Originated from Rinq's game mode "World of PVP", which was later improved and further developed by BattleMercy (called "RPG Quests").
Link to the original forum post and gamemode here: https://chl.li/rpgquests
DISCLAIMER: I just modified BattleMercy's mode on the parts that I understood, so thanks to all their hardwork!)
In this custom game mode, you'll partake in various quests to earn gold which you can use to upgrade many aspects of your hero! Fight in the wastelands outside the city, while random events take place frequently. BE THE STRONGEST AND GREATEST PLAYER!
New and Improved Features (vs. BattleMercy's version):
- Updated most colors for better visuals
- New icons for special areas for better visibility
- Moved some HUD placements around for better readability
- Improved texts in world
- Higher starting gold
- Better catch-up system for late-game joiners
- Blood Crystal now damages slightly less and gives slightly more gold
- Gold Mine now has a slightly higher gold reward and wider radius
- Four brand-new events
- Teleport to the City easily with a single press (Hold 'Interact' while standing)
- Added Server Uptime HUD for convenience
- Cleaned up rules and reduced effects for maximum stability
- Various Host Controls
- ~~Anti-Crash system~~ (disabled temporarily, can be enabled in workshop)
- Emeralds system (replaces BattleMercy's Diamond system)
- and many more that are unlisted!
- Fixed a bug where your speed would go below 100% using the Movespeed Downgrade
- Fixed a bug where you could not get a new hero after using the Random Hero shop
- Fixed a bug where re-rolling a quest would give you an empty Quest HUD
HOW TO ...
Use A Shop (usually marked with a ring on the floor):
- Press 'Interact' to buy something once.
- Press 'Crouch + Interact' to buy something rapidly.
- and Press 'Left Mouse Button + Interact' to buy something ALL at once with ALL your gold.
Use The Bank (same concept as using the shops, but you add/take gold versus buying something):
- Press 'Interact' to add/take 10 Gold once.
- Press 'Crouch + Interact' to add/take 10 Gold rapidly.
- and Press 'Left Mouse Button + Interact' to add/take ALL your gold ALL at once.
Teleport Back to the City:
- Press 'Interact' while anywhere far from the city to teleport back.
- You must be standing and not crouching while teleporting.
- Teleporting back to the city is not instantaneous. There is a bit of delay.
Get The Emerald Orb and What Emeralds Do:
- The Emerald Orb spawns somewhere near the Gold Mine.
- Capturing the Emerald Orb takes a bit of time.
- Once captured, the Emerald Orb will start providing emeralds at a rate of 1 emerald/5 seconds.
- The current holder of the Emerald Orb will be displayed on the top left along with your stats.
- The Emerald Orb will start damaging you over time and also get you hacked at the moment of capture.
- To heal from the damage over time, hold 'Crouch' and you will slowly gain health.
- Once the Emerald Orb gives you 10 emeralds, it will start providing emeralds at a new rate of 5 emeralds/5 seconds.
Lose the Emerald Orb:
- To get rid of the Emerald Orb, you can either: suicide, get killed, go back to the city on foot, leave the match, or manually drop it yourself.
- If you get killed by a player, the Emerald Orb drops at the nearest walkable location to your dead body. Same goes for if you suicide off the map.
- If you leave the match, the Emerald Orb will be dropped from wherever you were standing on.
- To manually drop the Emerald Orb, press 'Left Mouse Button + Right Mouse Button' to drop it at your feet.
Get Lots of Gold from the Emerald Exchange:
- Great, you have acquired enough emeralds! You can trade them for some sweet gold back in the city via the Emerald Exchange.
- This lets you expedite your gold earnings faster as the value grows over time.
- That's about it? ... (for now)
Common Known Bugs
- The pk status that is displayed above the players head sometimes fails to go away after pk status has expired.
- Pressing Interact + Crouch to buy the max amount at the shops will delete any gold spent upgrading stats beyond their cap.
- Re-rolling a stay alive quest will cause the next one to be completed instantly with 0 reward.
- A couple HUD objects will double up.
Big Thanks to these Ideamakers: