Welcome to a highly polished, fun-oriented boss fight involving eight tiny players with tiny health vs. one big Moira with big, custom, Workshop-made abilities:
|Insatiable Grasp||Biotic Grasp can hit all enemies in range. Each has the same range, damage, and healing as a normal beam.|
|Languid Orb||Biotic Orb slows enemies 30% and lingers 1 second.|
|Desperate Spray||Biotic grasp's healing can push enemies away. Pushing enemies costs Biotic Energy (ammo). You can only use biotic grasp if you have full Energy.|
|Necrotic Swipe||Quick melee wounds enemies like Junkerqueen's Jagged Knife, healing included.|
|Passives||Giant: slow, low jump, knockback resistant. 300 base hp, then +150 hp per kid. 150% damage dealt to enemies, and 300% damage dealt to deployables like barriers and turrets (only base game abilities are affected by this). 150% healing dealt.|
These abilites are intuitive, cool-looking, and heavily tested for bugs. They work almost as smoothly as vanilla abilities. For example, Desperate Spray uses the actual collision hitboxes (the capsule-shaped ones) of each hero, scaled to the size of the kids, as well as the actual projectile size of her primary fire.
The kids team consists of heroes other than Moira, and they all have 75% hp, but are 75% of their normal size with 115% movement speed. None of the other numbers are touched and nothing is power scaled outside of the normal range of Overwatch!
- A note about kid hp: if 75% of their health results in an ugly number like 112.5 (Tracer), their HP gets bumped up to the next amount divisible by 25. So, Tracer has 125 HP, Symm has 175, Mei has 200, and Torb has 162.5 HP + 37.5 Armor (the bump up is always in normal HP unfortunately, might fix that :P)
Beyond the abilities, this game mode's lobby has tons of quality of life features that make playing the mode more fun. This is what I'm proudest of!
- 100% players-in-queue friendly: Her health passive makes the game fair and fun no matter how many kids she's taking on.
- Having short match times (5 min max) means you get your turn to be the boss often.
- If you end up in the lobby on your own, the match time will pause and wait for an enemy player to join. Then the timer unpauses and the game goes on!
- Players can queue up to play as Moira next: either next round, or as soon as the boss leaves the match.
- If the boss leaves, gets kicked, or gets moved to the kid team, the timer pauses. Then, unless people were already in queue, the game asks each player if they'd like a turn as boss, and if no one wants to, someone is chosen at random. Even if this happens in the middle of a round, the match will just pick up where it left off.
- If there's no boss while players are Assembling Heroes, then either a player who is queued or a player at random will be automtically promoted to boss depending on whether there's anyone in queue.
- At the end of the match, the next boss is rotated in at the last second and the game mode restarts automatically before Play of the Game.
Check out the features! https://imgur.com/a/GgRZvvH
Please send balance feedback/ability ideas on Discord! Username: jarofgibbons.
I would love to get this mode translated to Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, or any of the other languages representing Overwatch's main playerbase, but I don't have any experience with that. Still, if you can speak these languages, please send me translations of all the UI elements (abilities, messages, instructions in the top right, game mode description, etc.) and I'll see if I can figure it out :)
Made with OverPy by Zezombye on the workshop.codes Discord