Hello! I was bored so i decided to re-balance the current support heroes since in my opinion, as a support main, their pretty overpowered right now. Hope you enjoy!
Ana is by far the most powerful support in the game and usually puts everybody through absolute misery in any match shes in. I increased her cooldown on Sleep Dart so she has to use it wisely more often and has to think more towards whether or not its the right moment in a team fight to use certain abilities. Sleep Dart is still very game changing, and reducing the duration of it should help make it feel better to play against in a 5v5 setting.
- Cooldown is increased from 14 to 15 seconds
- Duration is reduced from 5 to 4 seconds
- Resistance against Tank heroes is reduced from 30% to 12.5%
Baptiste is the most underrated support, yet one of the very strongest in my opinion. His direct healing output has felt incredibly powerful to go against, so I decided to reduce it slightly and I touched the ammo for his secondary fire because being able to launch 13 healing pods overtuned his total healing potential too much. I also touched the duration of his ultimate because for the amount of power it holds, it lasts too long and can be utilized properly without having to last 10 seconds. Immortality Field is also a VERY strong ability, and putting it on cooldown after respawning should help make some gamemodes more tolerable.
Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire)
- Ammunition is reduced from 13 to 12
- Direct healing is reduced from 20 to 10 (total healing directly is reduced from 70 to 60)
- Now goes on a 10 second cooldown upon respawning
- Duration is reduced from 10 to 8.5 seconds
Brigitte is a very strong hero when played right, and I feel like that her ultimate should be proactive instead of reactive, so I gave her changes to improve the fluidity of her gameplay and make her CC less frustrating to face.
- Speed boost increased from +15% to +25%
- Shied Bash's cooldown resets upon activation
- Stun duration is reduced from 0.5 to 0.4 seconds
- When Inspire is activated, it now displays an aura indicating the maximum range
- Healing effect expires immediately if Brigitte dies
Kiriko is generally a fairly strong hero, but Protection Suzu shows up WAY too often than it should. The cooldown being increased should make it more fair to go up against her. Swift Step being on a 7 second cooldown gives her too much survivability, so increasing the cooldown should help reduce her survivability as it can be a little much at times.
- Cooldown increased from 7 to 8 seconds
- Cooldown is increased from 15 to 17 seconds
Lifeweaver after all his buffs has been a little annoying to go against because of his survivability, I think reducing his health to put him back to 200 HP will bring him more in line with the other supports while keeping the extra survivability that the shields give him. Tree of Life is incredibly powerful, so I reduced the health of it so the tree is more vulnerable towards damage. Alec Dawson also increased the cooldown of Life Grip from 16 to 19 seconds, so I reduced it to 18 because my OCD makes me irritated while looking at that weird number he chose.
- Base health reduced from 175 to 150
Tree of Life
- Health is reduced from 1200 to 1000
- Cooldown is reduced from 19 to 18 seconds
Lúcio has recently felt underwhelming, not because he isn't meta, but because of the value of his abilities. I increased Soundwave's knockback distance so players will be able to get more enviormental kills and more value out of it, and I increased his wall riding speed so it feels a bit better to use.
- Knockback meters per second is increased from 15 to 18
- Bonus movement speed is increased from +30% to +35%
Mercy's strength has certainly became much stronger towards the shift to 5v5. This has caused her to be VERY popular to talk about balance wise as her current kit is just unhealthy, so, I reworked her to hopefully make her mid-fight potential become better and more reliable than just pocketing. Angelic Devotion only needs you to aim your crosshair at a player on your team within your beam range. The ability applies instantly, as you devote yourself as much as you can to keep your teammate alive. I also further buffed Valkyrie to make it more interesting and impactful as an ultimate, as keeping Resurrect in Valkyrie only encourages the original playstyle she had as a main healer whereas she should heal more often in-order to gain her ultimate faster. I didn't want to make Resurrect too too fast as I understand that OW2 has less CC, but she still is able to be punished during it. I returned the Season 3 staff changes for Mercy, but at a more tolerable state so her healing can be more up-to-par as a Main Support.
- Now lingers for 20 hps over 2 seconds. Linger stops when re-attached
- Healing per second is reduced from 55 to 50
- Healing is increased by 20% for allies under 50% of their maximum health (doesn't affect Valkyrie)
- In Valkyrie, healing per second is increased by 16% for allies under 50% of their max health
- Can no longer manually superjump by pressing crouch.
- Can manually superjump during Guardian Angel while Valkyrie is active
New Ability 2: Angelic Devotion
- If your within 15 meters of an ally, you can activate the Ability button granting the player in your reticle: 50 health healed instantly, a 10% damage reduction for 2.5s, a heal overtime of 30 hps for 2.5 seconds, and a 30% reduction for all abilities active cooldowns
- Has a base cooldown of 8 seconds
- Upon devoting a teammate, the Mercy player receives 5% ultimate charge if any amount of health was restored
- Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
- Resets the cooldown of Mercy's Ability 2 upon activation
- Ultimate cost is reduced by 2%
- Replaces Devotion in the Ability 2 slot for the entire duration of Valkyrie
- Now is only an accessible Ability 2 in Valkyrie
- Cast time is reduced from 1.75 to 1.4 seconds
- Now has 2 charges
- Resurrected players now spawn at 50% of their max health damaged (I.x. a 200 health hero spawns at 100/200 instead of 200/200)
Moira is in a pretty fine spot, but the whole change where she could use Fade in Coalescence grants her WAY too much survivability that was never needed. Reverting it and giving back her movement speed boost in Coalescence should help make her able to be punished. I also wanted to give Biotic Orb's speed a Quality of Life change as her orb was complained about being too fast back in OW1, so I think reducing it to 18m/s is a nice middle ground between its old speed and its 20m/s speed.
- Projectile speed is reduced from 20m/s to 18m/s
- Can no longer use Fade while using Coalescence
- Movement speed boost is increased from +40% to +50%